Author: Lyn Genet (from The Plan)
Recipe type: Flax Granola Cold Cereal
Cuisine: Breakfast Cereal or Snack
One of the yummy recipes from the book The Plan has a recipe for flax cereal which I modified. I eat this almost every morning. It is easy to make, can make quite a lot in one batch to last, keeps easy and is super healthy! It also makes a great snack when traveling. Wonderful start to the day with fresh blueberries and coconut milk!
- 1 cup of flax seeds
- ½ cup of water
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc to add spice
- Your favorite nuts, seeds - I use sprouted nuts and seeds - almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, macadamia, etc.
- Your favorite dried fruits - i have used cranberries, raisins, blueberries, apricots, apples, etc. Make sure they are sulfur free if you purchase them!
- Optional - vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- Lyn has you mix the flax seeds with a small amount of water with the spices and put into the fridge overnight. She then has you put the seeds on a baking sheet and bake at 275 degrees for 50 minutes to an hour, turning often so as not to burn and to complete baking. She recommends to add the fruit at the last 10 minutes when baking. This make 2-3 servings doing it this way.
- I soak 2 cups of flax seeds in a large jar of water (at least 4 cups of water). This sprouts the seeds and makes them easier to digest. Plus it also makes more granola. i soak the seeds for at least 3 hours, or overnight on the counter. Make sure to stir so that there aren't any globs of dried seeds in the jar.
- Once they are soaked, I put them on dehydrator trays - 2 cups usually fills 4 of my dehydrator trays. I sprinkle on the cinnamon or any other spices that i am in the mood for. Then I add on nuts, seeds, and dried fruits or fresh fruits would be an ok options as well. I dehydrate the granola for 2-3 days, depending on the humidity in the air.
- Once you have baked or dehydrated your granola, break up the pieces and store in a glass jar or plastic container to keep fresh! Enjoy with coconut milk and your favorite berries on top - yum!
|Do you know what your blood work means?||Is Inflammation Making You Fat and Sick?|
|Do you know what your blood work means?|
|Is Inflammation Making You Fat and Sick?|